Being involved in local community activities and helping to make
Ogden, Utah, a better place to live and work comes second nature to
Kimberly-Clark employees. Our Ogden employees are involved in a
number of community organizations, adding value to and making an
impact on this Northern Utah community. Here's a summary of some of
our key activities in Ogden:
- Last year, the Kimberly-Clark Ogden plant raised almost
$300,000 for the United Way of Northern Utah. Although
Kimberly-Clark is not the largest employer in Northern Utah, we
have been the largest contributor here for more than a decade.
- Kimberly-Clark also supports Enable Industries (EII), a
nonprofit United Way agency that provides employment services to
people with disabilities who desire to work. The Kimberly-Clark
Ogden plant was named 2009 Partner of the Year by EII.
- The Ogden plant is one of the founders of the Greater Ogden
Athletics Legacy (GOAL) Foundation, created in conjunction with the
2002 Winter Olympics. Each year, we provide financial support,
event volunteers and product donations.
- The plant provides financial support to the XTERRA Triathlon
and the Ogden City Marathon, and also provides product donations
and event volunteers. In 2009, more than 40 Ogden employees
participated in the Triathlon and Marathon events.
- Groups of Kimberly-Clark Ogden employees also regularly
volunteer to support Kimberly-Clark's Get Up and Ride Program, the
Children's Miracle Network Telethon, and Habitat for Humanity.
- The Ogden plant demonstrates its patriotic spirit by donating
$25,000 to the George E. Wahlen Veterans Home.
- Kimberly-Clark Ogden employees make contributions to nonprofit
organizations of their choice through the company's Matching Gifts
program. These contributions are matched dollar-for-dollar by
- Ogden employees also volunteer on their own time for community
organizations. Kimberly-Clark makes grants of $500 through its
Community Partners program to organizations for which our employees
volunteer at least 30 hours in one calendar year. Kimberly-Clark
employees are active with a variety of organizations in the Ogden
- Seven children of Kimberly-Clark employees in Ogden are current
recipients of Kimberly-Clark Bright Futures Scholarships --
$20,000, four-year scholarships awarded to students on a
competitive basis based on academics, achievements and community
- The plant provides financial support and product donations to
numerous other nonprofit organizations in the Ogden community.
We are proud to support Ogden!
"On behalf of United Way of Northern Utah and our 64 partner
agencies, we would like to thank you for your generous employee and
corporate pledge to the charities of our communities," says Robert
A. Hunter, president and CEO of United Way of Northern Utah. "Your
corporation has been our largest contributor for more than a decade
in terms of dollars. In addition to assisting Primary Children's
Medical Center and funding services for those families who have
been impacted by current economic trends, your donations are
helping United Way achieve these long-term goals:
- Cut by half the number of students who drop out of high
- Cut by half the number of financially unstable lower-income
- Improve by one-third the number of youth and adults who need to
make better choices regarding behavior affecting their health.
And that's not all. Your contribution is not simply limited to
dollars. The active community support of numerous local improvement
projects by Kimberly-Clark employees is a huge benefit in terms of
lifting the quality of life for all citizens. We're glad you're
here. We congratulate you on 25 years on generous giving and 25
years of stellar service to our community and state."
In Summary: Kimberly-Clark's contributions to the Ogden community
- United Way: $300,000
- Product Donations: $3,000
- Community Partners Grants: $27,000
- Volunteer Hours Logged: more than 2,200
- Contributions from employees and Kimberly-Clark match from
Matching Gifts program: $2,220
- Bright Futures Scholarship Payments to children of Ogden
- Other contributions: $15,000
- Number of employees: 560